Hello boys and girls from That's English, look at this map of Leek (click on it to make it bigger) and tell me how to get from the bus station (exit on Haywood Street, that is where you are) to the following places (give me directions):
1) Brough Park Leisure Centre and Swimming Pool
2)All Saints Church
3) The Police station
Posted by Mon at 03:34
hello guys, guess what day is today? ;-) yes, Thanksgiving Day...for you to find out more about this celebration, here's a little webquest. I would like each blogger to answer ONLY ONE question (which hasn't already been answered of course) ...there you go:
1) What's Thankgiving and when is it celebrated (not too many details because there are more questions below ;-)
2) When was the first Thanksgiving celebrated and by whom?
3)Who were the Pilgrims?
4) What kind of food is eaten on this festivity?
5) What is the popular dessert on this day?
6) What do some people do after lunch?
Posted by Mon at 15:06
Hello boys and girls from Intermediate 1. Another challenge for you. Can you translate these sentences into English? (after yesterday's exams revision it should be a piece of cake ;-). To read the cartoon (it's funny) just click on the pic and it'll become larger.
1) A pesar de que fuera un día soleado estuvimos viendo películas en casa todo el día.
2) Como el tren llegó tarde al aeropuerto perdimos el avión y nos costó un día más llegar a Londres.
Posted by Mon at 03:40
Hello boys and girls, a challenge for you...how about writing three sentences using these subordinators? Each sentence should also contain a new word you have learnt in class and you would like to remember...:-). I hope this time some of you (who I know are secret readers on this blog, cheeky monkeys!) will write something.... .:-)))
Posted by Mon at 14:00