1)Before any medical appointment_____________________________
2)If your seeing a new health provider make sure ___________________________________
3)If it’s a visit to a specialist the patient __________________________________________
4) When you visit a medical professional it’s better to keep it __________________________
5) Have your parent write down_______________________________________________
6) If you or your parent think that extra time might be needed, be sure you________________________so the doctor’s office can make note of that.
7) If you are going through most of the visits with your parent, you may need your parent fill out a medical information release form, giving you ___________________________________
Once at the appointment there are a few tips to follow
1)First they should ask to sit __________________________with their provider
2) They should take notes and frequently _____________________what they have heard.
3) It can also be beneficial to the doctor,because he or she wants to make sure that what they are saying ______________________________
4) Mum and dad should also ask for any follow-up instructions __________________ so that the information will be already available when needed.
5) In the unfortunate event you or your parent is dissatisfied with the health care they are receiving, it is vital that they________________________
6) your parent might be referred to another ______________________if the situation cannot be resolved
7) It is important to never fear taking your case to _________________________because both your parent’s health and that of others may be at stake.